EccentricMuse

Alice Munro
Progress: 115/288 pages
Survival: A Thematic Guide to Canadian Literature
Margaret Atwood
The History of Love - Nicole Krauss Thank you to the lovely, anonymous man in the Port Credit Starbucks who handed me the napkins, without a word, as I finished this up not an hour ago with tears filling my eyes.

It was a perfect moment perfectly matched to this pretty much perfect book.
______________________

Read this book if:
1) you liked Incredibly Loud Extremely Close, Everything is Illuminated and/or The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time or Fugitive Pieces to name just two
3) you're ok with some modest post-mod construction and precocious teen narrators/central characters
4) you hate [eta: traditional, boy-meets-girl/happily-ever-after] love stories because they trivialize the importance of love.

This book is about love. And identity. And hope. And friendship. It is beautiful and poignant. It will shortly be read by every friend I have who has any sense in their heads.

If you want to read a real review, see this one or this one. And thank you, Ian Graye, for bringing this novel to my attention with yours.