EccentricMuse

Progress: 115/288 pages
Survival: A Thematic Guide to Canadian Literature
Margaret Atwood

Wheat the f*ck?

Wheat Belly - William Davis Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs,  and Sugar--Your Brain's Silent Killers - Kristin Loberg, David  Perlmutter

Wheat Belly's insulting, belittling, disrespectful tone and a holier-than-thou author attitude caused me to skim. But a CBC radio interview with Pelmutter on Grain Brain - and a Thanksgiving weekend stuffed with carbs coinciding with increasingly frequent incidents of a complete inability to find a .... a...... a..... NOUN! when I most needed one, kept me thinking -- muddled and confused tho' I might be.

Weight gain, a complete lack of energy, and a desire not to become a fat, sick, old lady add to the mounting, and compelling, argument that it's time to change my eating habits radically.

Cold turkey - and I don't mean in a sandwich - seems to be the most recommended modus operandi for quick results and minimal withdrawal.

And a side of getting off my ass and away from the internet.